I use all types of lures - i've caught fish with everyone of them this year, but the one that's hauling them in at a steady rate - the mini strike king spinner baits ( chartreuse -blue and yellow- yellow ). They don't seem to like the white or the red spinners.
When nothing else is working, no matter what time of day, when i cast one of those out, i usually get a strike and a hook up! A few pikerel have been hooked, but the L.M. Bass have been killing these spinners all year

Posted Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:45 pm

This is a tough one. Because I have 2 go to's when all else has failed. Either the Kyoban Spinnerbait or the Kyoban Buzzbaits.

Both are made by Crooked Mouth Tackle Co. and have great action. They also have a jointed hook system which keeps the fish hooked no matter the cover I have to pull them through or how much they jump. And it also has the head weight that slides when casting, that allows me to cast farther, thus keeping the bait in the water and strike zone longer.

Posted Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:53 am

A rapala glass rap in a custom color.

Posted Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:30 pm

Still catching alot of bass on the blue/yellow spinner, and lately, i am happy to report.....they are killing the old reliable JITTERBUG. Had a smaller one that was greenish with black dots and just lost a bigger one today. It was black with yellow eyes. Jeremy had a BIG fish online and the swivel broke. Lost the fish and the lure....we'll be back to get him soon! Have to replace both of these this week.

Posted Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:55 pm

vibrax blue fox is a killer spinner

Posted Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:22 pm

When in doubt throw a small weightless wacky rigged worm.

Posted Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:56 pm

Been getting tons of attacks on a Heddon Torpedo ( brown crawdad color ) I've had at least 7 big bass come out of the water about an inch trying to get this thing - i had to use the rear hooks from the jitterbug and put them on the torpedo. The fish kept hitting the propeller blades and missing the hooks - not enough space. The new hooks are lower and thus - i've caught 2 pikerels and 2 nice bass since the switch!

Posted Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:10 pm

I am going to say for me it has been a Watermelon Seed Senko texas rig weightless. Throw it up against shore, throw it into the weeds or under a doc and wiggle. Slow fishing for sure but it works.

Posted Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:26 am

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links