I wish I lived closer ...

Posted Sun May 06, 2012 8:57 pm

I fish it regularly and the fishing is grim from the shore...I did see a guy land an 8lb large mouth caught on panfish gear though.... From a kayak or boat though the fishing is decent. I have yet to catch a smallie there.

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 7:05 am

I have a 10 ft jon boat but its just not a one person deal unless u can drive it right up to the water (boat ramp) but I am starting to look at stand -up kyacks n how much more practical they are for my style of fishing n transport ..

Posted Tue May 15, 2012 8:02 pm

i wouldn't mind the drive... it just sucks when you hear about these places and you don't have a boat. fishing from the banks is all i can do at this point...

I always see spots i want to cast to, but it's literally impossible because I'm not on a boat... especially when I see an island out in the middle of a lake. oh well!

Posted Wed May 23, 2012 4:43 pm

Since this is a south jerz thread. And im not really down there frequently. I have seen some excellent bodies of water tho...but

Question to anyone from jackson area, what the hell happened to prospertown?

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 4:53 am

Is there something wrong with Prospertown? I've been out of state for 9 years, but I always thought it was cool to fish within earshot of the rollercoasters. Never did catch anything there though, but then again, its easier for me to list the places I actually did catch fish.

BTW, I live half an hour from the 'Squan and would be willing to share my boat with you bank fishing guys.

Posted Thu May 24, 2012 3:35 pm

NJ Fish Finder

Social Links